Are you looking for something extraordinary? Do something others can only dream of? Help people transform their lives?
To open doors you didn’t even know existed? All of this, and more, awaits you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI).
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
The OWSI program is a minimum of four days. It introduces you to the entire PADI system of diver education and concentrates on further developing your abilities as a professional dive educator. The challenging part of this course is your personal commitment to the training. The OWSI course requires you to complete all the self-study Knowledge Reviews before the course begins and to prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations daily. Organization and dedication are key. During the OWSI course, you?ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least:
– Two confined water teaching presentations
– Two knowledge development presentations
– One open water teaching presentation integrating two skills.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY CERTIFICATION?
After becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. You may also choose to acquire Speciality Instructor ratings in your areas of interest.
To participate in the PADI OWSI Program:
– Certified as PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months.
– At least 18 years old
– Be certified as a diver for at least six months
– Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving
To take the Instructor Exam (IE):
– Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. (The PADI Emergency First Response course meets this requirement.)
– Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
– You may take the IE prior to having at least 100 logged dives, but you will not gain teaching status until you present your logbook to PADI showing at least 100 dives.
Instructor, land transport to dive sites
Manuals, logbook, materials, PADI fees for certification, examination equipment
PADI IDC Crew Pack (Not included in course price)
PADI IDC TIMETABLE
|IDC||22 FEB-2 MAR||26 APR-4 MAY||30 AUG-7 SEP||1-9 NOV|
|IDC Staff||21 FEB-2 MAR||25 APR-4 MAY||29 AUG -7 SEP||31 OCT-9 NOV|
|EFRI||26 FEB 23||30 APR 23||3 SEP 23||05 NOV 23
|OWSI||24 FEB-2 MAR||28 APR-4 MAY||2 SEP-8 SEP||3-9 NOV|
|MSDT Prep||6-8 MAR||8-10 MAY||11-13 SEP||13-15 NOV|
|IE||3-4 MAR||5-6 MAY||8-9 SEP Gozo||10-11 NOV|